Processing and protection of personal data
The Tourist Board of Lepoglava (further: TB Lepoglava) takes the protection of your personal data seriously and undertakes all necessary technical and organizational measures in accordance with the best practices and obligations prescribed by Croatian laws and the General Data Protection Regulation (EC 2016/679) – GDPR.
TB Lepoglava processes personal data in the spirit of the prescribed privacy by design-default principles.
The information system of the website is protected in accordance with the best practices and standards by physical solutions and applications of the world’s leading manufacturers. Logical and physical access to system components is managed in accordance with applicable standards, and users are regularly trained and informed about the importance of information security and data protection.
The specific purpose and methods of processing your personal data largely depend on the type of business relationship on the basis of which we collect your data. In our business, we are guided by the fundamental principles of personal data protection, which means that we process data legally, transparently and fairly, and that processing is limited only to the purpose for which the data was collected, and that only those data that are necessary for that purpose are processed. We store your personal data only as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing, except in the case when we are bound by certain regulations to store personal data for a longer period of time, i.e. in the case when our legitimate interests require it (for example, to establish, fulfill or protect legal claims). Accuracy, reliability, confidentiality and completeness of your personal data are also the principles that guide us during processing. Only authorized persons of TB Lepoglava have access to your personal data, without any external partners.
Controller and Personal Data Protection Officer
The manager of personal data processing is Ljubica Dubovečak.
The personal data protection officer at TB Lepoglava is Ljubica Dubovečak.
The contact to whom you can send your inquiries is:
Address: City of Lepoglava, A. Mihanovića 12, 42250 Lepoglava, n. Mr. Personal Data Protection Officer
Email address: [email protected]
Purpose of processing and legal basis for processing personal data
TZ Lepoglave, as the manager of personal data processing, protects your privacy and processes only those personal data that are necessary for it and that were obtained as part of its business activities, whether the data were obtained from you, by third parties or publicly available sources, and for the following:
- execution of contractual obligations – when processing is necessary for the execution of a contract to which you are a party or for taking actions at your request before concluding a contract
- satisfaction of legitimate interests – when it is necessary, we process personal data outside of the specific contractual relationship, for the sake of satisfying our legitimate interests. For example, such a legitimate interest can be:
- conducting court proceedings and keeping records of them
- detection of perpetrators of criminal offenses and prevention of fraud
- protection of persons and property
- fulfilling your requests to help us develop, deliver and improve our products and services or for our internal needs, such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve our products, services and communications with users
- responding to your inquiries and comments
- Necessary compliance with legal obligations – considering various business activities, TB Lepoglava must necessarily comply with numerous legal obligations. For example, we are obliged to act in accordance with the Law on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism, the Law on the Protection of Financial Institutions, tax regulations, etc.
- processing personal data for a specific purpose or several specific purposes described in the consent, only after we receive your consent to process personal data for a specific purpose. Your consent is in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Regulation, it is unconditional and freely given. You also reserve the right to revoke your consent at any time.
If we will process your personal data for purposes not described here or outside of the purpose for which you have given consent, we will provide you with information about that other purpose and any other relevant information about the processing before such processing.
What personal data do we collect and how do we get it?
First of all, we process the personal data that we collect during the business relationship, such as name, surname, OIB, address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, etc. However, if this is necessary for the performance of our business activities and is not related to a specific contractual or business relationship, we collect data from public sources (Court Register, FINA) or are legitimately communicated to us by other contractual partners or third parties.
When visitors write a comment on the websitewe collect data displayed in the form of comments, and also the visitor’s IP address as well as the user agent string of the browser in order to more easily detect spam.
If you write a comment on our website, you can choose to save your name, email address and website in cookies. This makes it easier for you to re-comment, so you don’t have to re-enter that information. These cookies last for a year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain personal data and is deleted when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set a few cookies to save your login information and your display settings. Login cookies last two days and display settings cookies last one year. If you select “Remember me”, your application will last for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie does not contain personal information and only indicates the publication ID of the article you just edited. The cookie expires after 1 day.
See details about the use of all cookies by clicking on the green “Manage individual cookies” button at the bottom of the page.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this website may contain embedded content (eg video, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other web pages behaves the same as if the visitor had visited that other web page.
Our website may also include content from YouTube, which is owned by Google.
If you visit one of our pages that has an embedded YouTube video, an internet connection to the YouTube servers will be established. Then YouTube will receive the information from which page you opened the video on their platform.
If you are signed in to your YouTube account, this allows YouTube to directly link your search history to your personal profile. You can prevent this by signing out of your YouTube account.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform display of fonts, this website uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser in the background loads the necessary web fonts into the browser’s temporary memory so that it can display texts and other fonts correctly.
For this purpose, your browser must also establish a direct Internet connection with Google servers. Google then learns that our website was visited from your IP address.
If your browser does not support web fonts, the standard “safe” font will be used on your computer.
Are you obliged to provide us with personal data?
You don’t have to. However, keep in mind that in certain cases of refusal to provide the requested data, TB Lepoglava will not be able to conclude a contractual relationship with you, i.e. fulfill its legal and contractual obligations.
The period in which the data will be stored
TB Lepoglava will keep your personal data only as long as it is necessary to fulfill its contractual or legal obligation or legitimate interest, except in the case of processing personal data based on consent, when the processing stops at the moment of withdrawal of your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending a request:
to the e-mail address [email protected]
addressed to: Personal Data Protection Officer.
Please note that withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If your personal data is no longer needed to fulfill the above purpose, it will be destroyed, except when further storage is prescribed by law.
If you write a comment, the comment and its meta data are saved forever. This is so that we can automatically recognize and approve future comments, rather than holding them pending approval.
For users who register on our website (if any), we also store personal data that they provide in their user profiles, All users can view, edit, or delete their personal data at any time (except that they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also view and edit this information.
Who is the recipient of your personal data?
TB Lepoglava undertakes to protect your personal data and will not communicate or make them available to third parties without your special approval, except:
- to service providers that we hire as processors for tasks related to the execution of the contract to which you are a party (for example, tour guides or escorts)
- competent authorities for the purpose of carrying out tasks within their competence (for example, the Tax Administration, Ministry of Interior)
- when these data are needed by the court or the competent state attorney’s office, or other bodies in equivalent legal proceedings
- when TB Lepoglava is legally obliged to provide this information.
What are your rights related to the processing of personal data?
Depending on the legal basis of processing, your rights may be as follows:
- request access to personal data relating to you, i.e. you have the right to information about the scope of collected data, the purpose of processing, the category of personal data being processed, the recipients to whom the data is delivered and the storage period
- request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data, in which case we are obliged to act in accordance with your request without undue delay
- lodge an objection to the processing of personal data in the case of processing based on the legitimate interests of TB Lepoglava or in the case of processing for direct marketing
- to request deletion of data when the purpose of processing is fulfilled, when you withdraw consent as the only basis for processing, when your interest in privacy protection prevails over the legitimate interest of TB Lepoglava in processing, when you object to processing for the purpose of direct marketing, when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations to which TZ is subject Lepoglava and in case of possible illegal processing. The right to erasure is not an absolute right and does not apply, for example, in cases where processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of information and expression, to comply with legal obligations to which TB Lepoglava is subject, to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, etc.
- restrict the processing of data, for example when you dispute the accuracy of the data, until we have verified its accuracy
- transfer data to another controller if the processing is based on consent or execution of a contract to which you are a party, i.e. if the processing is carried out automatically and if it is technically feasible
- submit a complaint to the national supervisory body, i.e. the Agency for the Protection of Personal Data (AZOP).
If you have an account on this website, or have written comments, you can request to receive an export file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request the deletion of any personal data we have about you. This does not include any data we are required to hold for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Requesting access to personal data relating to you or requesting correction of your personal data
If you want access to your personal data or believe that there has been an irregularity in the processing of personal data, please contact the Personal Data Protection Officer.
Objecting to the processing of personal data
If you believe that TB Lepoglava has no legal basis to process your personal data, you can file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Officer at any time.
In that case, we will no longer process your personal data, nor will we be able to provide you with our services and be in a business relationship with you.